Am not a huge fan of sweet stuff for brekkie. The Nyonya in me loves Nasik Lemak, Laksa, Roti Canai and stuff like that for brekkie. But but but….I know…..those are not very healthy stuff to be eaten every day. So… in an effort to eat healthier stuff, I made this scrambled tofu for brekkie today, inspired by this link my sister sent me the other day. Easy peasy and pretty nice way to start the day with something mildly spicy and flavourful.
- 2 pieces firm tofu
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 2 pips garlic
- 1/2 red chilli (or more if you like it spicier)
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 5 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squish the tofu into a mush i.e. break the tofu into tiny bits.
- Heat up oil and saute chopped up garlic, onions and chilli.
- Once fragrant, add in tumeric powder.
- Add tofu and cherry tomatoes. Stir fry till tomatoes are soft.
Yummy enough for an encore. Would taste yummy with rice or bread or Puri. I recommend a side salad, as well as the fresh greens, will complement the savoury tofu nicely.